Thursday, October 25, 2007

A few quick looks at the armies

France
Well, being the senior partner on the pro-Bourbon side, they are my largest single contingent.

Twenty-two battalions of infantry from 14 different regiments (2 @ 4 bn, 1 @ 3bn, 11 @ 1bn)
For example, here's Regiment le Roi


Sixteen squadrons of cavalerie legere from 7 regiments (5 @ 2 sq, 2 @ 3 sq)
Twenty-one squadrons of dragoons in 7 regiments
Artillery: 24 guns and 8 mortars (with more lurking in the wings)

Seems dragoon heavy when standing alone, but they can get help from ...

Bavaria
I have enough foot, I think, to do any battle before 1705, and too much for the period of exile in Flanders. Here is the Leibregiment.
I also have a large artillery contingent for them, too much: 20 guns

Plus,
3 squadrons Leibgarde, (here they are, in column of squadrons)


15 squadrons Kurassiere, and 3 squadrons of dragoons.

That's not all the blue coats out there...

Cologne
That's another 3 sqdn of horse and 2 of dragoons.

There's still more...
Spain
All I have for them is 3 squadrons of cavalry from Flanders.

Time for a grand review of the army. Later.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At October 27, 2007 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! Look forward to more photos (especially French Dragoons, I want to see how you paint your flags)

I like the deep basing as well. I do not have the fortitude to paint that many figures, but it looks great!

 
At October 29, 2007 at 6:54 AM , Blogger Malbrook said...

I might have to redo the cavalry onto 30mm depth, losing the 3d rank. I'd do it if I needed to cooperate with others on a larger project.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home